Post/review reading time: Appx. 3 minutes.
by A. American
Series: The Survivalist Series,
Published by Angery American Enterprises Inc, Plume on February 24, 2016
Narrator: Duke Fontaine
Length: 10 hours 7 minutes
Buy on Amazon
In Avenging Home, Morgan and his group have a lot of work ahead of them just to assist everyone in staying alive and now the DHS is a problem again. Not only that but a local band of misfits are still muddying the waters and have to be taken out soon.
As if this weren't enough for everyone to come to terms with and risk everything in the fight of their lives, Morgan learns it will be child's play compared to what is looming over the entire country. How on Earth will they carry on and will any of them ever see peace again?
Brian’s Overall Avenging Home Book Rating
Avenging Home is a nice inclusion to the book series and I really enjoyed it. We finally get to see one thorn slapped away. Without that fact, I’d have lowered the star rating to four just for dragging it out. I’m giving this book 4½ Stars.
Morgan is Sheriff. The National Gaurd is just a short drive away.
Tyler and Brandi’s kids got sick playing with some infected kids passing through.
Cecil was introduced in book 6 and continues to play a key role in the community’s slow progress back from the dark and dangerous landscape everyone’s fallen prey to after the EMP attack.
The DHS prisoners from the camp never made it to Frostproof and have organized near the community.
Avenging Home (The Survivalist Book Book #7) Book Intro
We start Avenging Home with Tayler getting caught up in the market explosion from book six. She survived and needs some healing time.
The DHS is close by and needs to be dealt with as a bigger threat is looming in the horizon. Listening to the shortwave radio, Morgan learns some scary national news that makes the DHS and Billy’s boys seem like child’s play.
Jeff is dead. Tyler and Brandi are quarantined with their children having been infected with Tuberculosis (TB) and getting worse.
The “coupling” up is continuing. Sarge and Ms Kay are getting close. Thad and Mary are enjoying a lot of time together. Jamie and Perez seem to be getting pretty close. Oh, I almost forgot Fred and Eric.
A community garden is in the works and there might be hope for a little neigborhood electric. Will they make it that far?
Are things getting better or worse for Morgan and his band of survivors?
Mature Subject Matter:
Violence: Yep. A lot of it.
Alcohol/drugs: A little drinking.
Reader/Listener Roll Your Eyes Moments
Without spoiling the book for you, one of the last scenes in Avenging Home had to do with a little group festivity and I found myself thinking, “Okay, enough already. Let’s move on please“. It wasn’t only too “touchy-feely” but seemed to go on too long. Other than that, I didn’t experience much eye-rolling.
Avenging Home Main Characters
- Morgan Carter
- Mel Carter (Morgan’s wife)
- LeeAnn Carter (Morgan’s 15-year old daughter)
- Taylor Carter (Morgan’s 12-year old daughter)
- Ashley Carter (Little Bit) (Morgan’s 8-year old daughter)
- Thaddeus Jones (Thad)
- Jessica Reeves (Jess)
- Mary (Jess’ friend she met at the FEMA camp)
- Fred ( Jess’ friend she met at the FEMA camp )
- Kay Temple (Former FEMA Camp Kitchen Manager)
- Danny (Morgan’s best friend)
- Bobbie (Danny’s wife)
- Linus Mitchell (Sarge) (Retired First Sargent pushed back into service)
- Ronnie (Doc) (Sarge’s crew)
- Ted (Sarge’s crew)
- Mike (Sarge’s crew)
- Captain Sheffield (Leading a local National Gaurd Unit)
- Lieutenant Livingston (Works for Captain Sheffield)
- Aric (Fred’s friend that broke the girls out of jail)
- Tyler (Family Morgan found in the woods living in the community
- Brandi (Tyler’s wife)
- Edie (Tyler and Brandi’s daughter)
- Jace (Tyler and Brandi’s son)
- Jamie (SP4 in the National Gaurd Unit)
- Ian (Marine with Sarge’s gang)
- Ed Perez (National Guardsman)
- Dalton (Morgan’s friend and new community member)
- Cecil (Overseeing the community garden and powerplant)
Other Names And Mentions
- Mario & Shelly (Beekeepers at the market)
- Dylan & Gena (Local homesteader friends)
- General Fawcett (Regular army leader over Sarge)
- Master Sergeant Faggione (Motor pool Sargent)
- Mark (Pilot)
- Billy (Leader of the armed group with rapists)
- Reed McCullin (Wyoming ham radio operator)
- Charles Tabor (Former FEMA camp administrator)
- Ed Moorland (Former Camp Deputy Commander)
- Lieutenant Shawn Meter (Eustis PD)
- Shane Shacklefield (Eustis PD)
- Steve Donnelly (Eustis PD)
- Arron Altman (One of Billy’s boys spying on the community)
- Bob Maples (Big Bob) (Sells liquor at the Altoona market)
- Micha Revelle (Trying to become a Eustis cop)
- Doc. Baker (Engineer)
- Scott Westfall (Engineer)
- Terry Lane (Engineer)
- Eric Beach (Engineer)
- Tommy Harold (Racist pig stealer)
- Robert (Pig stealer) (Chain gang)
- Erin (Chain gang)
- Dave Rosen (Chain gang)
- Hyatt Hound (Arrogant out of towner wanting to be the judge)
- Albert (Hyatt’s security)
- Walner (Garden security)
- Lindsey (Garden security)
Avenging Home Author: A. American
Audible Narration By Duke Fontaine